Monday, January 14, 2008

My 2008 Pongal

This Pongal becomes an unforgettable one like last year. God wishes me to taste the Pongal prepared by somebody every year. I celebrated the last Pongal at my friend Satish’s home. I have been invited by him the day before. I was there at his house at 8.30 A.M sharply. I felt proud of myself for being very prompt. By the time I reached everything was ready after completing all the formalities and Poojas. I could see the Banana Leafs were lied down on the ground for Pongal to be serviced as like my Stomach. The entire family along with me started having very delicious Sakkarai Pongal.Ven Pongal was serviced immediately after Sweet Pongal along with Kootu prepared by mixing around Ten vegetables. Both were very delicious. I felt like being in my Hometown.

This Year Pongal is celebrated with the same Spirit .though I have been not invited by anybody this year. I was very much worried this year I may miss tasting the Pongal. Let me Thank my friend Selvaraj first.

I become very close to Selvaraj after I shifted my room to his house. We both have been working for the same Company Tavant for the past 3 years. During the initial time at Tavant we got to know each other very little because both were working for a different project. My school friend Nasar who also graduated from the same college where Selva studied. Nasar and Selva were roommates. Selva got to know about me more about from Nazar and this makes me and Selva bit closer.

An Year before we got a chance to work together for the same Team. Thanks a Ton to Tavant. Let me tell you the story which made as closer. Tavant decided to outsource some of the people sitting in bench. A team of 10 people have been asked to attend the interview at a company located in ITPL. But Selva was not there in the team. We went through all the interview process. Luckily I was through with the interview. A team of 7 including me were deputed to that company. Day by Day the team got shrink to 3 as people quit Tavant. So The client asked for few more people from Tavant. Selva has been asked to undergone a same process as like me before. After a month I have joined, Selva joined in my team. The time Selva joined most of the project groundwork were done by me. He came and pointed out few things which helped me later. We started moving very close.

An Unforgettable event at Client side I like to point out here. We both were working under a Team Lead never seen before we use to tell a Vadivel dialog many times after a meeting “Why Blood Same Blood”. One such an event, since I was in hurry catching the bus to my home town in one Friday evening, I decided to leave little earlier after informing my lead. So I decided to send out a status mail with the pending tasks and Every meeting ended up in quarrel. This misunderstanding between me and the Team Lead pushed me out of this company. Thank God. I had learned few things there “How a team lead should not be”. Then Tavant threw me to Fidelity. I and Selva separated. Selva was pushing Tavant side to get out from there.


Let’s move to Pongal celebration of this year.

Selva decided to celebrate this year Pongal at Bangalore itself since there is no holiday for us here. Selva sketched out a plan for Pongal celebration a week before. I assured him I will get him sugarcane. He has taken the responsibility of making Pongal.

The day of Pongal came. I woke up around 7 A.M and went to Selva to know the status of Pongal preparations. I couldn’t believe that he was just relaxing after finishing all the preparations. He woke up at 4.30 A.M and started the preparation it seems . It is unimaginable in Bachelors life. I will recommend Baradh Rathna for Selvaraj. Just to confirm I checked all the items prepared. Sakkara Pongal was kept in the Pooja room and Ven Pongal was also ready with Sambar. I asked him to have a Tea outside since he was looking very tired.

He was very strict to the time 8.30 to start the Pooja which changed my daily schedule. I use to go for a bath around 9A.M only. Luckily this time also I was very prompt. Pooja was done by Selvaraj. You don’t believe the Pongal was in the same taste as I tasted last year. Hats off to Selva.

Thanks. Selva wished me with a real Happy Pongal. I can wish him only with the words. Selva I wish you a Happy Pongal and the same Happiness and Prosperity throughout your life.

No comments: